Thread: Has anyone had to reinstall Spybot

Question Has anyone had to reinstall Spybot

Has anyone had to reinstall Spybot.

I am downloading a updated version of Trend Micro and before I can proceed with installation I must uninstall Spybot.

I can uninstal all of spybot or files in it that can be uninstalled when downloading other software.

I will extract Spybot into a folder and copy the folder on to a external disk
    then download Trend Micro. Once that is done I will download again Spybot.

My question is can I download Spybot again off of a copied disk?

Quote Originally Posted by jgordya View Post
    My question is can I download Spybot again off of a copied disk?
    Yes, you can copy the executable from an external hard drive to your desktop and install Spybot there.

This is just a temporarily solution, but I guess you'll have to install Spybot-Search&Destroy after you install Trend Micro. Problem is that Trend Micro's aggressive business practices literally forces Spybot users to uninstall it or else they cannot proceed with the installation.

The bypass right now would be to install Spybot after Trend Micro.

Quote Originally Posted by jgordya View Post
    I am downloading a updated version of Trend Micro and before I can proceed with installation I must uninstall Spybot.
    Many users have come to the conclusion that Trend Micro does not have sufficient going for it to offset dictating what software they can or cannot run on their computers, and have voted with their feet.

Avast! is just one of a number of alternatives that is free, does a good job, and plays nicely with Spybot. Your choice.