Thread: Can't Run Anti-Virus/Spyware, Nor Go To Thier Sites

Default Can't Run Anti-Virus/Spyware, Nor Go To Thier Sites

Somehow I got redirected to a site that gave my a virus/malware, even though pop-up blocker was enabled. I knew somthing was up, so I decided to run Spybot, but it wouldn't launch. i rebooted and tried to launch again...no luck. I then uninstalled Spybot, and went to Safer-Networking website to redownload, but the site was blocked. Norton blocked. McAfee blocked. Trend Micro blocked.

To make things stranger, when I search for these using Google, then click on anti-virus websites, I get redirected to something strange...every time.

The only site I could go to was Microsoft One Care, which did a scan of my computer from the MS website, but it found nothing.

Using a different computer, I was able to download Stinger, burn it to a CD, then run it on my computer, but it found nothing.

I then burned another CD with HijackThis, but it wouldn't launch on my computer. When I renamed the file to banklogin.exe, it was able to install.

Because I can't log into this website from my infected computer, it would be difficult to transfer Hijackthis results to this forum.

My computer (when not running Stinger, HijackThis, or other programs) is utilizing the Ariva AntiVir Personal anti-virus software.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hello

Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
    If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know.

Try run Mbam and then run HijackThis again:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware here and save to your desktop.
    • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
      Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the log back into your next reply
      Note:
    • The log can also be found here:
      C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
    • Or via the Logs tab when Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is started.
    Member of Asap and Unite since 2008