Thread: Can't Immunize Firefox SQLITE

Exclamation Can't Immunize Firefox SQLITE

Spybot: 1.6.0.30
    Firefox: 3.0.5
    AVG: 8.0.229 Virus database of Jan 8th,2009
    Threat warnings I have received:
    "Warning";"Found Tracking cookie.2o7";"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bvzyql1h.default\cookies.sqlite";"";"1/8/2009, 3:43:43 PM"

"Warning";"Found Tracking cookie.2o7";"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bvzyql1h.default\cookies.sqlite";"";"1/8/2009, 3:41:35 PM"

"Warning";"Found Tracking cookie.Revsci";"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bvzyql1h.default\cookies.sqlite";"";"1/8/2009, 10:52:46 AM"

"Warning";"Found Tracking cookie.Adtech";"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bvzyql1h.default\cookies.sqlite";"";"1/8/2009, 8:02:57 AM"

I Immunize, and it shows All Firefox Apps as being immunized, however I still am getting these tracking cookies.
    Is there a trick, problem, bug, or is this something that I have to live with?
    I was much happier when I wasn't getting these "Warnings"
    I don't recall having this problem with the previous version of Firefox.
    I also have Zone Alarm ZA 8.0.065.000

Can I get some help please. I just know enough to be a danger to my self...LOL
    Thanks
    Carlos

cacasal,

Immunisation is a preventative measure, not a removal process for items already there. Contrary to the title of your post, if all firefox items (Cookies, Images, Installations, Popups) are shown as protected in Spybot's Immunisation screen as you say within the post, then the immunisation has worked as intended.

Start up your firefox browser, goto Tools/Options, click on the Privacy Tab. In the centre "Cookies" section click on "Show cookies", then "Remove all cookies" then click on Close, then OK then exit your browser.

With the browser closed, start Spybot, go to the immunisation screen, click on "Undo", and when that has finished click on the green plus Immunize.

Run a full Spybot scan (main spybot screen, click on Check for problems)
    Allow Spybot to fix any items it finds, and if any were shown in red, when the fix has completed, reboot the computer and run a second scan to check that the fix was effective for all items.

Note that in general tracking cookies are not considered harmful, and as such are not necessarily prevented by immunisation. At the end of a scan, those shown in green fall into this catagory. Some users will wish to retain all or some of these. The only ones you need to worry about are shown in red.

Also note that you can set Firefox to clear all cookies each time when you exit the browser.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

cacasal:

Also see:

In that article describes how to block the storing of third party (tracking) cookies in various browsers.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.