Thread: What is the best way to schedule Spybot on bootup?

Default What is the best way to schedule Spybot on bootup?

I have messed around with the automated settings and what not but I can't seem to get Spybot to do what I want. Basically' I get a message after scans telling me that some things could not be fixed because they are still in memory. Spybot suggests restarting my computer. When I do, it scans my computer BEFORE windows boots up. Is it possible to get spybot to scan my computer like that ALWAYS instead of while windows is on? It just seems kind of silly to scan twice knowing the first one can't get the job done. It takes forever. Thanks in advance

But scheduling Spybot to scan during startup, will kind of mean scanning everytime. So it can be every bootup for you will take 15+ minutes (you can always cancel it, but it's going to be tedious).

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    But scheduling Spybot to scan during startup, will kind of mean scanning everytime. So it can be every bootup for you will take 15+ minutes (you can always cancel it, but it's going to be tedious).
    I wouldn't mind scanning it every time. I usually put my laptop in sleep mode when I go to bed. I rarely restart it so when I do, I probably won't mind it scanning. And like you said, I can always just cancel. Is what I asked even possible?

Spybot scanning by itself in the background without user prompt? Or do you mean scanning during startup?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Spybot scanning by itself in the background without user prompt? Or do you mean scanning during startup?
    Well basically whenever I scan, it says it cant remove all threats and I need to restart the computer and have it scan BEFORE Windows fully loads. It does the same scan the second time in between the time you click your profile and the time my desktop becomes visible so I figured why not have that be the only scan so it can do what it needs to do without restarting.

I seem to recall this subject being raised not that long ago.

You can set spybot to start up each time the system boots up, but it does not do so before other programs have started, and is not what you are looking for. The only way I can see to accomplish what you want is to manually boot up in safe mode, start Spybot, scan, fix problems and then reboot into normal mode.