Daren:

Quote Originally Posted by dclineattamu View Post
So changing the registry myself wouldn't be reliable?
In some cases that can be done but in many cases it can not. The Resident.log is a summary of activities and does not necessarily contain the entire registry entry that is being modified. In addition you may have to know how that particular registry entry is used by the program that is setting it. For example, at one time I was running an anti-virus program that would set a startup entry for a cleanup job every time there was a program update, run the cleanup job and then delete the entry. I assume that the setting of the startup entry was to make sure the cleanup job was run to completion even if there was an intervening restart of the system. If I allow both registry changes, things would be as they should be. However, if I decided to deny the first registry there would be no startup entry for the update program to attempt to remove and TeaTimer would not react to the attempted removal of the entry. Now if I decide at a later point in time that I made a mistake and edit the registry to include the startup entry that I denied, I would adding an entry to the registry that in fact should not be there. However, I can't tell that because the sequence of events I observed were altered by my intervention in that sequence of events.

Quote Originally Posted by dclineattamu View Post
Also, I presume your reply means one cannot go back and allow changes that previously were denied?
If you are asking if there is a facility within Spybot/TeaTimer to allows you to reverse previously allowed or denied registry changes, the answer is no.