Thread: Virtumonde.sdn

Default Virtumonde.sdn

Hi, I'm completely new to this and when running Spybot SD it has come up with Virtumonde and Virtumonde.sdn.

I have tried removing these and am just told I'm not the administrator so can't!!

HELP!!! Tried searching forums but amm really confused as I don't understand all the safemode talk etc

Many thanks

AdamIpswich

I think this is right

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-01-13 at 19:51. Reason: removed log

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

adamipswich:

Quote Originally Posted by adamipswich View Post
    ... I have tried removing these and am just told I'm not the administrator so can't!! ...
    In Vista you must elevate the administrator rights in order run certain things within Spybot-S&D.

Please try again with elevated administrator rights. There are several ways to do that:
    • Elevate the administrative rights for a single running:
      • Instead of double clicking (left clicking) to start Spybot, right-click and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
    • Permanently elevate.
      • If you are running Spybot from a desktop shortcut for example, right click on the desktop shortcut and select Properties.
      • Then go into Application Compatibility and select "Run As administrator".

Also note: If Spybot still fails to remove Virtumonde after elevating the administrator rights, Please post your HijackThis log in the Malware Removal forum. See this pinned (Sticky) thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks

Now running the check as administrator. Will keep you posted.