Thread: free download manager

Default free download manager

First things first, Hello there on my first post! :D

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum btw, but I have a question about Free download manager. I have already found the download managers reviews page, and will likely give some of them a try, but since it doesn't appear in the reviews I wondered if anyone else has any experience with FDM? I'm asking because although it's supposed to be spyware free, I've had 112 entries show up after a scan with a-squared. Other anti-malware (Spybot S&D, AdAware) all seem clean so is this just a false positive, or has FDM turned bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Caine
    I've had 112 entries show up after a scan with a-squared. Other anti-malware (Spybot S&D, AdAware) all seem clean so is this just a false positive, or has FDM turned bad?
    Hello and welcome.

I am not familiar with FDM, but you would have to ask a-squared if their detection is a false positive.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thanks Tashi.

a-squared has a new support forum it seems, and sure enough i found a thread here with a list of other folks with exactly the same problem it seems.

Maybe one of the experienced users here could give FDM a look and add it to the list?

Hello Caine

Probably best to wait for emsisoft to give members feedback first.

Steve a2 E posted:
    Quote:
    Softpedia guarantees that Free Download Manager 2.0 Build 423 is 100% FREE, which means it is a freeware product (both for personal and commercial use) that does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.
    Although I do on occasion download software from Softpedia, I don't rely on that statement but do my own research.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Download Expresss is not bad, althoufg a bit annoying as it is noit always on top so when the window of the destination folder opens it is under other window. Leechget seems good too but my drive died shorty after installing probably co incidence but i am wary

Just thought I would mention that FDM was a false positive as I suspected, and the latest updates have been fixed. Thanks for the info Tashi now their claims seem vindicated, I'd just like to vouch for this download manager again. For it to go on the list with the other spyware-free options.

I'm not an expert, but as a regular home-user it does a great job from what I can see. I'll report back when I've had a bit of time to compare your suggestions to my current one. Thanks John!

Default From one newbie to another

Re: Download managers
    I am using Gigaget (http://www.gigaget.com/) and am very happy with it. Simple, efficient and convenient utility.
    • 100% free
    • No adware or spyware
    • No registration required
    • Data transfer encrypted

I do recommend anyone to try it!

Junior Member Ya Disgruntled Neighbour's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thailand_for_YOU
    Re: Download managers
    I am using Gigaget (http://www.gigaget.com/) and am very happy with it. Simple, efficient and convenient utility.
    • 100% free
    • No adware or spyware
    • No registration required
    • Data transfer encrypted

I do recommend anyone to try it!
    I couldn't find any privacy policies or agreements of any kind on their site, I don't like the looks of it..