Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logs

So we can assume you're the only then. Moving on...
    The cookie from this forum (http://forums.spybot.info/index.php) stores your login information, so if you should clear it then you'll be automatically logged out. And for security, SaferNetworking Forums automatically logs you off the forums if there is no activity for more than 15 minutes.

In my perspective, when you just delete a bookmark it is gone, and it doesn't really go to the Recycle Bin. It's just gone, removed. Last time you checked (if not, check now) is there any bookmarks under the bookmark tab in Mozilla Firefox (open it)?

Does Spybot still flag the results (after you have removed it and performed another scan)?

Technically, Spybot does not (that I'm aware of) keep bookmark files, because it is not really a "file". I remember one them I was using Linux and I had to import my bookmarks from Windows XP. All the bookmarks, names, and links were stored in one small file in the Mozilla Firefox Programs Folder.

Spybot does make a backup of most things to the recovery section,but not all things,for example,it doesn't put found tracking cookies into recovery.

It's odd that Spybot found those bookmarks if they were not actually present.If they are found again when you do a scan,please post back.

p.s.As for firefox bookmarks,Firefox should automatically make a backup of your bookmarks,every day that you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    p.s.As for firefox bookmarks,Firefox should automatically make a backup of your bookmarks,every day that you use it.
    -
    Spybot does make a backup of most things to the recovery section,but not all things,for example,it doesn't put found tracking cookies into recovery.
    Zenobia, so does bookmarks fit in the second quote (one of the items that are not put in Recovery/Quarantine)?

I think the bookmarks are stored in a configuration file or something like that... right?

Default Thanks

I did delete the firefox 'bookmarks' that were found. When I run a scan now, I do not see any 'found' problems.

I never use Firefox. When I open Firefox now, there are many Bookmarks/Favorites, transferred (I presume) from IE 7.
    --------------------------------
    Regarding the signing-in the Spybot. I sign-in and it shows "Welcome Alice Z" at top. I go to Reply and then it asks me to sign in. I sign in again and it takes me back to the sign-in screen (several times). After sign-in several times, I finally get to this screen (where I can then type my response). I am not too disturbed by this because I can eventually get to post my request or reply. I don't remember this happening in the past though.

As I recall,I think Spybot backs up bookmarks by creating the bookmarks.html.sbsd.bak file,or did in previous versions.But,also,Firefox creates up to five bookmark backups,so bookmarks shouldn't be too hard to recover.
    Good thing,I have about a gazillion bookmarks in Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by alicez
    Regarding the signing-in the Spybot. I sign-in and it shows "Welcome Alice Z" at top. I go to Reply and then it asks me to sign in. I sign in again and it takes me back to the sign-in screen (several times). After sign-in several times, I finally get to this screen (where I can then type my response). I am not too disturbed by this because I can eventually get to post my request or reply. I don't remember this happening in the past though.
    That is odd,I've never had the problem to that extreme before.You don't have anything that would block the cookie from Spybot forums,cookie manager,etc.?
    You don't use Firefox,but could you try signing in here with that or another browser,and see what happens?

Default Thanks

Funny things are happening.
    I decided to install SpyBot S&D 1.6.2 on both my WinXPsp3 notebook and Vista Premium.
    Ran scan on both of them and got practically the same results as I did when I ran the SpyBot on my desktop (WinXPsp3), namely Bookmark entries.
    What should I do in this case? Remove them all (by clicking Fix All Selected Problems)??????
    As I said, I very seldom use Firefox, if at all. The EXCITE are ALL tracking cookies! (And I don't even see a folder for EXCITE in the Firefox bookmarks!)
    I'm surprised no one else is seeing same results after a scan.
    I will not do anything until I hear from somebody regarding these 'exceptions' found on both machines. (I don't want to delete and have problem such as SAS had recently with 'Vundo')
    Thanks for any help.
    Alice

Last edited by alicez; 2009-01-30 at 22:42.

Should all be safe to delete.Two are just old links to Merijn's downloads page,which is no longer valid as it no longer takes you to Merijn Bellekom's page,and Net-Integration forums,also no longer valid. If you don't use Firefox,you shouldn't need the bookmarks to Iwon,even if you use the site.
    Deleting the Excite shouldn't do harm either,as they're only cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Should all be safe to delete.Two are just old links to Merijn's downloads page,which is no longer valid as it no longer takes you to Merijn Bellekom's page,and Net-Integration forums,also no longer valid. If you don't use Firefox,you shouldn't need the bookmarks to Iwon,even if you use the site.
    Deleting the Excite shouldn't do harm either,as they're only cookies.
    Thank you again for the help. I believe to delete them, I would just click on the "Fix Selected Problems" at top of screen.
    It's just a pain in the'butt' to get these problems/exceptions on all three of my computers and yet, I can't find any of them when I search the Firefox bookmarks. As I said, I don't even have an Excite folder in the Firefox bookmarks area. Unless they are 'buried' somewhere else. A place that is not associated with the Bookmark area when Firefox is open.

Alice

Default What's going on?

I told you in my previous post that I was going to "Fix Selected Problems" on both my computers to remove the Firefox bookmarks.
    Well, I checked each box and clicked on "Fix Selected Problems" and got "You are about to remove 5 items," to which I clicked "OK." Then got 'large' green check-marks next to each one.
    Re-booted and did another Scan and same items are showing! Repeated procedure and same items are still there!
    Does anyone know what the heck is going on?
    I am not too pleased with Spybot S&D 1.6.2.46 and am really considering deleting it from both computers.

Thank you.

P.S. Cleared with CCleaner. Notice SpyBot is mentioned in Application/Utilities. Don't know if that has anything to do with problem.