Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logs

Default Logs

I installed the SpyBot S&D 1.6.0.30 on my desktop yesterday and did scan.
    Today I downloaded some updates and did another scan. However, when I look in the Tools/ View Report/ View Previous Report. I only see today's scan listed there. Shouldn't I also be seeing the scan done yesterday?
    Please advise and thanks.
    Alice

Default Add - on

I tried to edit my prevous post, but couldn't find a way to do it.
    Just wanted to say that I think I might know why the previous logs were not showing. In my CCleaner I notice in the Cleaner/Applications there is Utilities listed with SpyBot checked. I unchecked it. Hopefully that will allow previous SpyBot logs to show.
    Funny thing is, my old Sony Win98 has CCleaner and SpyBot IS CHECKED and when I look in the logs for SpyBot on that computer, all the logs are showing (while the SpyBot is checked in Utilites).

#2- Also last night when I ran the scan on my desktop, I got some exceptions in Firefox browser (I very rarely, if ever use Firefox) and I deleted them.
    Today when I ran a scan, I see the same items listed again. Why? Can anyone tell me? I think I might have to delete SpyBot from my desktop, because I don't think it is working properly. Can anyone help?

19.01.2009 20:14:37 - ##### check started #####
    19.01.2009 20:14:37 - ### Version: 1.6.0
    19.01.2009 20:14:37 - ### Date: 1/19/2009 8:14:37 PM
    19.01.2009 20:14:39 - ##### checking bots #####
    19.01.2009 20:25:07 - found: Net-Integration Bookmark (Firefox: default)
    19.01.2009 20:25:13 - found: Aornum Bookmark (Firefox: default)
    19.01.2009 20:25:33 - found: Aornum Bookmark (Firefox: default)
    19.01.2009 20:26:29 - found: Spywareinfo.TrafficZ Bookmark (Firefox: default)
    19.01.2009 20:26:31 - ##### check finished #####

Net-Integration: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
    Net-Integration: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
    Aornum: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
    Aornum: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
    Spywareinfo.TrafficZ: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)

When fixing browser items, please make sure the browser is not running while you do that. Otherwise the browser might have the objects (like bookmarks here) in memory and restore them at a later point.

Since you mentioned you had exceptions in Firefox, it might not have closed properly, even if you thought you had closed it before scanning. That is if you understand an exception as an error message that it not handled by the application (you would not notice handled exceptions), usually leading to a clash.

Or, if by exception, you meant that you had added htose bookmarks to Spybots ignore list, shouldn't it be behaviour as expected if it suddenly finds them after removing the ignore flag?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Thank you

#1- My Firefox is never used. It was not open. And the five "found" items were not in Spybot ignore list. I always run a CCleaner prior to any scans.
    What should I do? Should I run another scan and delete "fix" those entries? I don't know what the items are. I looked in Firefox bookmarks (Favorites) but cannot find anything that looks like the five "found" items mentioned.
    I am new at this so please have a little patience.

#2- Also, I nottice in the Spybot Immunize section that Firefox (default) items are not checked, while all IE (32 bit) are checked and all IE (32/64 bit) are checked, also Windows Global is checked.

For these:
    19.01.2009 20:26:29 - found: Spywareinfo.TrafficZ Bookmark (Firefox: default)
    Please open Firefox,and look to see if there are any old bookmarks to
    Net-Integration.net,or Spywareinfo.com,or Spywareinfo forums.If so,you can delete the bookmarks,since NI is dead,as far as I know,and Spywareinfo forums now have a new address.
    For swi,you now use this address:
    http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/

Please try checkmarking the firefox immunization,then click Immunize.Please let me know what happens,whether it will immunize or not.Shut down Spybot,then open Spybot,click Immunize,let me know if FF stayed Immunized.

Aornum bookmark I don't know off the top of my head,I'll have to look for it.

From what I can gather,the Aornum bookmark may be a bookmark to the Iwon site.

Default Thank you

Thank you Zenobia
    Re: Please try checkmarking the firefox immunization,then click Immunize.Please let me know what happens,whether it will immunize or not.Shut down Spybot,then open Spybot,click Immunize,let me know if FF stayed Immunized.

Aornum bookmark I don't know off the top of my head,I'll have to look for it.

=============================

I checked the Firefox boxes and then did the Immunize; closed / reopened SB and now see all boxes checked. Don't know why the Firefox boxes where not checked when I first installed on this desktop, while all the other boxes were checked. As I said, I rarely, if ever, use Firefox.
    I did check the Firefox but could not find anything for the exceptions that were discovered:
    Net-Integration: Bookmark; Aornum; Aornum: Bookmark; or the Spywareinfo.TrafficZ: Bookmark (Iwon), and could not find anything resembling those names. Maybe they were 'buried' within the folders in the Bookmarks. I decided to delete them.

Thanks again,
    Alice

P.S. I notice that when I sign-in, I have to do so several times before I actually get in to post my message. I see the screen "Thank you for logging in" and then I am returned to the "You are not logged in, etc." Don't know what could be happening.
    Last edited by alicez; 2009-01-26 at 17:11.

Does anybody else use Firefox on another account on your computer?

Glad ff stayed immunized.

I have to login again here,usually at least once while posting,but not that much.Do you have cookies blocked or anything?

Default Thank you

No, no one else uses the computer or Firefox.

I have to keep signing-in, several times at least when trying to get in or post a message.
    Maybe someone else, who might have same problem, will see this and post their similar experiences.
    I added forums.spybot to my CCleaner accepted cookies and to the IE7 Allowed Cookies.
    Don't know what else I can do, but will not worry too much about it now.

Thanks again.
    Alice
    Last edited by alicez; 2009-01-26 at 17:29.

Default Add-on

On previous threads I mentioned that I did delete the:

Net-Integration: Bookmark; Aornum; Aornum: Bookmark; and the Spywareinfo.TrafficZ: Bookmark (Iwon),

and I thought they would go to the "Recovery." I went to see if they were there. There was nothing in the "Recovery" and I wonder if the deleted 'bookmarks' should have gone to the "Recovery." Maybe deleted bookmarks don't go to the "Recovery," because they are not possibly 'vital/important' files, that might need to be recovered.
    Anyone know?
    Thanks
    Alice
    Last edited by alicez; 2009-01-27 at 16:33.