Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: spywareinfo.trafficZ

Default spywareinfo.trafficZ in red keeps coming up - even if I just open firefox

Firefox 3.05 is the version that I have, sorry about that.

What do I do to get rid of this? Is this a false positive or do I have to upgrade to spybot version 1.62?

Do I have to do anything with firefox, like add a profile, will that fix the problem?

Thanks for any help.

To PepiMK - I'm running Firefox 3.0.5 and its closed while Spybot fixes the problem. My Spybot S&D is V1.6.0.31 with detection update 1/21/2009.

Default Potential Solution

I run Firefox and many months ago I bookmarked an article at spywareinfo.com. Since then, the url has apparently become compromised and Spybot S&D has begun flagging it as a threat. I sifted through my Firefox bookmarks, found the bookmark, deleted it, ran another Spybot scan, and found the threat was eliminated.

It turns out much of the content of spywareinfo.com can now be found on spywareinfoforum.com and this url does not pose a threat.

I'll continue running Spybot S&D scans and if the threat flag returns, I'll add another post to this thread.

I kept on running spybot search and destroy several times and each time the 'virus' cropped up until eventually it stopped cropping up. Maybe worth running search and destroy several times to remove it.

I have firefox 3.0.5 open while doing the scan. Had no problems since 3 days ago. I run spybot each day.

I have been trying to rid myself of this pest since my first post,with no success.
    Everytime spybot finds it and I try to remove it spybot hangs indefinately.

hoosierdude, did you find the url in your bookmarks while you where
    in your browser and remove the link from there?

thanx

Hello Keyteem:

Exactly - I opened Firefox, found the url in Firefox bookmarks, and deleted it from there (i.e. not from Spybot). Since doing so, I've run several Spybot scans and found the threat flag no longer appears. I don't know what Spybot means when it says it has fixed the problem but trying to get rid of it from within Spybot didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdude View Post
    Hello Keyteem:

Exactly - I opened Firefox, found the url in Firefox bookmarks, and deleted it from there (i.e. not from Spybot). Since doing so, I've run several Spybot scans and found the threat flag no longer appears. I don't know what Spybot means when it says it has fixed the problem but trying to get rid of it from within Spybot didn't work for me.
    To clarify - from within Firefox, I deleted the bookmark to the article. Since the article was from the offending domain name (i.e. spywareinfo.com), deleting the bookmark, deleted the domain name as well.

I am not at my "home" computer right now, I will check this out asap
    and return feedback tonight, I remember going through the bookmarks
    folder already but possibly missed it.

One other thing ,I normally use the browser on my flash drive almost
    100% of the time at a few different computers, and checked it for this
    "spywareinfo" bookmark and I found it . I just removed it after reading
    your post hoosierdude,,
    strange thing is ,, I ran a spybot scan on this drive and found no issues
    just a couple days ago.
    Strange that my flash drive would not show a scan problem with spybot
    when the url was definately in the bookmarks,and no scan problems at any
    other computer I have used my flash drive on .huhmmmm?

Default traffic spywareinfo.com

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdude View Post
    To clarify - from within Firefox, I deleted the bookmark to the article. Since the article was from the offending domain name (i.e. spywareinfo.com), deleting the bookmark, deleted the domain name as well.
    I deleted the bookmarks that I had in firefox 3.05 with the url spywareinfo.com and then I scanned with spybot and it is fine.

I don't understand why spybot would flag that url.

Thanks for your help.

Berries

Hello Berries:

From what I gather, the owner of domain name spywareinfo.com allowed it to expire.