Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immunize twice?

I now have some more information on Imunization not imunizing files on first pass.
    I do not know how to display the full file path, but here is what I could see.
    Internet Explorer
    \Software (Domains) = 10 Unprotected
    \Software (Secur... = 10 Unprotected
    Default (Domains) = 10 Unprotected
    Default (Secure Do... = 10 Unprotected
    Owner (Randal) (Do... = 10 Unprotected
    Owner (Randal) (Sec... = 10 Unprotected
    Windows
    Global (Hosts) = 10 Unprotected

70 Unprotected files on first pass
    All became protected upon completion of second pass, however it took awhile for the 10 Unprotected files under Windows Global (Hosts) to become protected.

Randal,

Are you running any other antimalware software other than SpybotSD?

Have you made sure your Internet Explore browser closed at the time you do the immunisation.

Whilst I would not have thought this was an interaction with AVG antivirus, have you tried doing the immunisation with AVG temporarily shut down (off line of course).

Just a late thought. When you first click on the immunise button it opens the immunise screen. The green progress bar moves across the screen. Then it tells you what is immunised and what is not. This is NOT an immunisation pass, just a reporting pass. To add the new immunisations you have to click on the green cross (immuse icon) near the top of the screen. If this is what is happening it is quite normal.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2009-02-01 at 07:08.

greyfox I thank you for your helpful reply. Spybot is the only antispyware program which I have. I have not shutdown AVG while immunizing, I will consider that in future. I think that I shut down Internet Explorer before immunizing, but can't remember for sure. I will follow your directions in future. Thanks again for your assistance.
    Randal
    Last edited by Randal; 2009-02-01 at 16:36.