Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immunize twice?

Default Immunize twice?

I have noticed that when Immunizing, about 120 files remain "unprotected". As I had no idea what that meant I immunized again and those 120 unprotected files were then listed as protected. Should I usually have to immunize twice in a row?
    Yes I do have AVG Antivirus and did read the sticky regarding unprotected files but as I am new to Spybot and this whole malware software field I don't understand what is going on in this area. I appreciate any insight into this.
    Randal

It always helps when you ask a question if you provide some background.

Specifically, what operating system, what version of Spybot, what browsers do you have, is it a single user or multiuser computer and importantly what catagory were the 120 items that were unprotected?

My apologies. I am quite new to this type of program and, as you have probably discovered, have had some difficulties with various issues. I am running Windows XP home edition, with all of the latest updates and Service Packs installed. I only use Internet Explorer 7 and there are no aditional users set. I do not remember which files were not protected on the first run as I found it difficult to find that information. I will try harder to get that information on the next run. This has happened everytime I innoculate and find it strange that it is always 120 files unprotected, but become protected without any apparent problems with the second run. I thank you for your reply.

As far as I know it has always been like that. Specially, the first time we apply the immunizations, and then, after we re-immunize after each update. It will never immunize everything. I always had to do it twice.

It has nothing to do with AVG or operating system. In every security systems I deploy, where I also install Spybot, it has always happened.

Regards

m00nbl00d: Thanks for the information. I have found Spybot to be quite a learning curve, as well as a little problematic.

As far as I know it has always been like that...
    m00nbl00d, Randal
    I have Spybot running on multiple XP machines, some Home, some Pro, both SP2 and SP3. I don't have that problem with immunisation with the version I am currently using 1.6.1.38 (I haven't moved to the later 1.6.1.41) and I and I can't recall having to do that with any of the recent releases, which is why I asked specifically what catagories the items that didn't immunise the first time were in.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    m00nbl00d, Randal
    I have Spybot running on multiple XP machines, some Home, some Pro, both SP2 and SP3. I don't have that problem with immunisation with the version I am currently using 1.6.1.38 (I haven't moved to the later 1.6.1.41) and I and I can't recall having to do that with any of the recent releases, which is why I asked specifically what catagories the items that didn't immunise the first time were in.
    I've always witnessed it with every version, since I first started using Spybot about 2 years ago.

Could it be because of the chosen language? If it has anything to do with it, that is.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

m00nbl00d:

I have had the same experience as Greyfox. I don't recall ever having to immunize twice.

I don't think that the language would effect the process, but what language are you using?

Randal:

What language are you using?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Greyfox,m00nbl00d: I thank you for your replies. As for me I am running Spybot 1.6.0.30 With Last Detection Update 21 01 2009.

I am using English. Am using Default mode, and have tea timer off. All the other settings are default as far as I know.