Thread: Spybot at Start up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Spybot at Start up

Can someone tell me how to keep Spybot from opening at Startup. I have gone to settings and applied defaut settings but it still pops up

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

cintro:

The problem is usually caused by denying the registry changes in TeaTimer when changing the automation for SpybotSD.exe or denying the registry change after the program runs at system startup.

To correct the problem:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings.
    • In the options tree scroll down to the Automation » System start.
    • Check "Run program once at next system startup" and allow the registry change.
    • Then check "No automation" and allow the registry change.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2009-01-24 at 06:20.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Same Problem

[QUOTE=md usa spybot fan;283502]cintro:

The problem is usually caused by denying the registry changes in TeaTimer when changing the automation for SpybotSD.exe or denying the registry change after the program runs at system startup.

I have the same problem, Spybot- S&D starts scanning before it opens any other windows programs, so the scan just appears on a black screen. I haven't let it completely run (I stopped it and then ran the scan once windows was open) Is that why it comes up every time I log on to windows? Do I need to let it finish once? Also I haven't installed teatimer, so I don't know if the above is still a possible reason.