Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: server unreachable, weird symptoms

Unhappy server unreachable, weird symptoms

Hello all,

It's been a few weeks I'm not able to join any of your domains from home.

The Tracert command shows:
    1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.254
    2 55 ms 54 ms 54 ms 81.56.87.254
    3 55 ms * * 213.228.9.254
    4 57 ms 60 ms 57 ms bordeaux-6k-1-v804.intf.routers.proxad.net [212.27.50.85]
    5 67 ms 65 ms * bzn-crs16-1-be1100.intf.routers.proxad.net [212.27.51.57]
    6 67 ms 71 ms 67 ms th2-crs16-1-be2000.intf.routers.proxad.net [212.27.57.209]
    7 76 ms 76 ms 76 ms francfort-6k-1-po102.intf.routers.proxad.net [212.27.58.70]
    8 78 ms 77 ms 79 ms decix1.ip.teresto.net [80.81.192.100]
    9 80 ms 79 ms 79 ms ge0-0-0-105.ts-r2.69.ip.teresto.net [217.24.235.242]
    10 81 ms 82 ms 83 ms ae0-0.ts-r6.6861.ip.teresto.net [217.24.235.41]
    11 83 ms 83 ms 83 ms ge-0.cr.wnd.de.manitu.net [212.88.130.82]
    12 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
    <all followings are the same>

My neighbor (same ISP) doesn't face any issue.

It seems, according to several experts, that my static IP address 81.56.87.171 is blacklisted by your servers.

Can you please have a look at it?
    Thanks in advance.

Some extra details before you ask

I'm behind a router, using WinXP SP3 without firewall.
    Hosts file is clean.
    No Proxy.
    Reinstalled Spybot from a USB pen.

Name resolution works.
    Ping fails.
    Tracert is not able to show anything related to spybot servers.

UP please?
    Nobody from the Spybot company online?

Quote Originally Posted by g_d_u_m View Post
    UP please?
    Nobody from the Spybot company online?
    Hi,

you also wrote us an email about this problem. I forwarded it to our hoster and got the answer on Wednesday, that your IP address block was blocked and that they lifted this restriction again after my query. Can you still not reach our server? Then I will have contact our hoster again.

daemon

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    Hi,

you also wrote us an email about this problem. I forwarded it to our hoster and got the answer on Wednesday, that your IP address block was blocked and that they lifted this restriction again after my query. Can you still not reach our server? Then I will have contact our hoster again.

daemon
    It works like a charm now! I'm actually writing from home and the Spybot program is able to get its updates.

Thanks very much, your help is much appreciated!

Is it possible to have the same symptoms with a different cause? I am having the same problems with not being able to update or visit the main site, but I can still visit the forums. The reason I ask about a different cause is because I don't have a static IP address. I have even tried connecting to my friends' wireless networks, as well as the one at my local library, but to no avail. So, is it possible that my mac address is blocked, and if so, can I get it unblocked?

Quote Originally Posted by tharnc View Post
    Is it possible to have the same symptoms with a different cause? I am having the same problems with not being able to update or visit the main site, but I can still visit the forums. The reason I ask about a different cause is because I don't have a static IP address. I have even tried connecting to my friends' wireless networks, as well as the one at my local library, but to no avail. So, is it possible that my mac address is blocked, and if so, can I get it unblocked?
    This sounds more like a malware or some other software interfering the name to IP resolution on your PC. If your PC cannot connect to our site from different networks, our hoster blocking something is definitely not the cause for the problem you see.

daemon

Neither Spybot nor Symantec show anything in the scan nor does any other scan I've run. Also, I have check my firewall and other protection and the rules allow Spybot any access they need. Is there any way you can help me or give me advice?

@tharnc:

Please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections@spybot.info.

Although nothing is present after a scan, we will be able to locate the threat in your bug report.

Also please attach the hosts file to your email. It is located in %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ in your system, where %SystemRoot% is something like C:\windows. The hosts file is named "hosts" without any suffix or extension.

daemon

I cannot get my attachments to work on my email, so should I post them here?