Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Updater warning message.

Default Updater warning message.

I have installed Spybot version 1.6.2 and set in the settings for when the program starts it check for new updates and immunize if there are any updates installed. The previous version would check and whether it had found any updates or not the program would start normally.

This version now gives this warning box - "Please select some update files from the list first."
    If I setup an automatic scan it will obviously hang at that message until I click the OK button. Is there a new setting somewhere or should I not use these settings in this way?

Hello? Anyone?

I have this problem too. I installed version 1.6.2.46 on 2 Vista machines and 1 XP machine. The XP machine works fine. The Vista machines display this warning with an automatic or manual update: "Please select some update files from the list first".

Notes:
    1. There is NO list of updates displayed to select from.
    2. I Never see the "Spybot S&D Updater" window when I click [Update], just the warning.
    3. It may only display the warning when it is already "Up to date" because I don't think it did it on the first update (current detection = 1/28/09).
    4. I am running it with administrator priviledges.

Did I say some wrong? Why wont any one respond to my problem?

i to am curious as to why this seems to be happening to only the vista machines
    (i got two XP's a home and a pro and they don't seem to be seeing this) like the one I'm using to type this message

Its happening to me on my vista machine also.

Add to that if I try to stop a scan that has auto started so that I can get to the program interface it just freezes after I hit the stop button.

Is it still possible to obtain the prior release?

I have also noticed that the scan in this release is running muuuch slower. Maybe its just being more thorough? Anyhow my confidence in this release is really being challenged here. I really hope we either get a new point release that addresses this stuff or a link to the old release and instructions for uninstall/reinstall.

Looks like until that happens I'm going to at least have to stop running the product.

i also have this problem & have tried several things to fix, to no avail! but, the program seems to be updating and if you run the manual "Update Spybot" it allows you to do the search, which in my case says that my program is up-to-date. as far as it being slower scanning, i can not comment on that, all of my machines are set to scan automatically in the night & by the time i get on them in the mornings the scans have completed & as always Spybot seems to be doing a good job catching & cleaning things! the other problem i would have removing it, because of this, would be the loss of the internet protection it has! i would say hold on for now, keep checking with manual updater, schedule scans for early morning & i think (hope) that this problem will be corrected as quickly as possible! we can definitely see we are not alone with this...

Have you (or anyone else) tried to stop the scan by hitting the stop button to go to the interface? When I try it spybot now freezes. Anyone else having the same problem? Since my spybot runs as a scheduled task this is my normal way to get into the interface.

Angry Error Retrieving Update Info File!

I too am getting similar messages when starting up Spybot S&D 1.6.2 but I am getting them on both Vista and XP. It tries to autoload updates and then I get "Error Retrieving Update Info File!" followed by "System Read Error" I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both systems to no avail. I even ran msconfig to shut shut everything else off as a precaution when I reinstalled, but it didn't help. This has been totally frustrating to me as I have 4 computers I take care of personally and 2 others I assist with and they all have Spybot on them! Someone needs to do something about this and soon! :(