Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Updater warning message.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    It might have to do with the DDoS attacks on the computing center where the main update information is hosted, which have started again yesterday. If the file is only partially received due to those, it might not have updates... does it show a list of mirrors to select from?
    No I don't see the list it pops up the error message and I have to click out! Using Windows XP SP2 32 bit and had no previous version problems!
    Pay the price for bein' Hellbound!!!

The updater should be working now, I just checked.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    The updater should be working now, I just checked.
    sorry, i just tried, and still, "please select..." at least the scan is still working (or so it looks like it is)

Confirmed, still doing the same thing.

Add to that you can stop the scan after its started or Spybot just freeezes up and you have to kill it with task manager. Its all about the new release.

Can you try a full uninstall and reinstall it and see if it works? Download a fresh copy:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    -
    Uninstall Spybot, reboot, delete the Program Folder and proceed with installation.

Unfortunately I'm going to be mobile until March and wont have an oppurtunity to try it on my spybot loaded machine. Since others are having the exact same issues maybe they will offer in my absense?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Can you try a full uninstall and reinstall it and see if it works? Download a fresh copy:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    -
    Uninstall Spybot, reboot, delete the Program Folder and proceed with installation.

Default Possible workaround for warning message

I was having the same problem on my Vista machine as the OP but not in my XP machines. I was getting the Warning window that said "Please select some update files from the list first.", but there was nothing to select.

I tried downloading a fresh copy, uninstalling Spybot, rebooting deleting the Program folder and reinstalling. This still didn't solve the problem.

This morning I had the Ah Ha to try setting the compatibility mode on SpybotSD.exe to XP service pack 2 (the only option I had).

Voila no more warning window.

Hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperRose View Post
    I was having the same problem on my Vista machine as the OP but not in my XP machines. I was getting the Warning window that said "Please select some update files from the list first.", but there was nothing to select.

I tried downloading a fresh copy, uninstalling Spybot, rebooting deleting the Program folder and reinstalling. This still didn't solve the problem.

This morning I had the Ah Ha to try setting the compatibility mode on SpybotSD.exe to XP service pack 2 (the only option I had).

Voila no more warning window.

Hope this help.
    Interesting, so technically the newest release is no longer truly vista compatible. Can you stop an in-progress scan without spybot locking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ncguy View Post
    Interesting, so technically the newest release is no longer truly vista compatible. Can you stop an in-progress scan without spybot locking up?
    i can update now with out the error message in XP SP2 mode, however there are no newer updates available, maybe ill wait a week and see what happens.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

AU518987077:

Quote Originally Posted by AU518987077 View Post
    ... maybe ill wait a week and see what happens.
    There are normally updates each Wednesday. So, you can try again tomorrow.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.