Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6.2 doesn't immunize Firefox entries

Default Spybot 1.6.2 doesn't immunize Firefox entries

I updated to 1.6.2 and when immunizing it says there are 32.000 un-immunized entries, all of them for Firefox, all other are immunized. When I click Immunize, it doesn't do anything - progress bar starts to move slowly, but nothing happens.

I'm using Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 (the same version I was using with 1.6.1).

I scanned the computer with Spybot, Norton Internet Security 2009 (installed & running) and online Bitdefender scan. They found nothing.

Now I uninstalled 1.6.2 and installed 1.6.1. and it stayed the same - Firefox entries do not get immunized.

I had a similar problem when doing a clean install of Spybot 1.6.x

"solved" by installing a 1.5.x version, immunizing (download detection rules if necessary but not program updates), updating the program, then immunizing.

It helped, I reverted to 1.5 and it works. It's just weird that 1.6.1 worked fine, but after updating to 1.6.2. it wouldn't immunite (even when reverting back to 1.6.1.).

My problem is worse: Both my Opera installs (9.63 and 10 alpha) with the profile folder in the install folder, not in Docs and Settings/ App Data, are simply not recognized as present and the problem has started when i updated to 1.6 version. If i reinstall 1.5 they are recognized and fully immunized so this is clearly a bug in the new version.

I am not experiencing a problem like this. I am using Vista. But today a user in our Turkish forum also said that he can't immunize firefox so I think there is a bug. And the user is using Ad-aware maybe there can be an incompability. I don't know just an info
    DOCTUS.ORG Turkish security forum

I don't have Ad-Aware, just Spyware Doctor (which I run occasionally, it's not running real-time).

version 1.6.0 immunizes firefox - I've stuck with this version but it appears to be having an adverse effect on my hauppauge tv tuner so I'm in limbo.

@Azrael: profile in the program files folder? That's very bad behaviour
    If you are a Vista user, it's no wonder they're not recognized - unless you elevate the browser ( worst thing to do ) the files probably land in virtualization folders.

Opera 10 is on the list for testing later this week
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

And what about those immunizations for Firefox? Now I have to use 1.5.2.