Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyware Cease: False Positive

Yes, actual items but not actually anything to deems malicious or even close.
    Yes, I think even your Spybot will not always detect item that deems malicious. Like yours or many other famous anti-virus / anti-spyware programs, we may sometimes has false positive. Would you please tell me the item that not deems malicious or even close? Our technical staff will test it and remove the false positive once confirmed.

I really don't think there is any point of arguing with the evidence is there. Removing something that is legitimate could be removing something crucial.
    As I mentioned above, Please tell me detected result which is legitimate. Our Spyware Cease will not allow any existance of known false positive.

Because... it promotes a sense that scares the user. The person will think there's spyware on their machine when in reality they're not.
    We never mean to scare our users. If you think there is any place we scare the users, please tell us in details. We will analyze problem and remove it if neccesary.

Thank you

Retired

Just have a look on the screenshots above. All screenshots were made on a clean Windows XP
    Last edited by MisterW; 2009-02-11 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterW View Post
    Just have a look on the screenshots above. All screenshots were made on a clean Windows XP
    Thank you for your information. Our technical staff are processing the scanning results and will go back here after we figure out the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    ...link the screenshots and it clear as mud in my browser.
    My apologies. I meant, it was clear as glass. Mud isn't clear .

We have analyzed the scanning results on the screenshots attached above. All false positive have been removed from our database and we will update our database within 24 hours. Please keep your Spyware Cease up-to-date. Thank you for all information provided. If there is any problem, please tell us here or email us.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-spyware.com
    Spyware Cease is effective antispyware program that can be used to protect PC against various threats such as Spyware, Adware, Keyloggers, Trojans, Worms and other similar parasites. Several people had published incorrect information about this product. They had mistakenly named Spyware Cease as rogue antispyware. Spyware Cease was tested by 2-spyware.com research center. The application showed good results and seems to be a reliable tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-spyware.com
    Spyware Cease is a new, but quite effective anti-spyware program. It was designed to remove all kinds of threats and infections, such as spyware, adware, keyloggers, trojans, worms, hijackers, rootkits, password stealers, tracking threats, rogue antispyware and other malware. 2-spyware.com research center had carefully tested Spyware Cease on several computers including already infected systems. The application passed our tests showing quite good results.
    Please click the addresses below for more information:

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-spyware-cease.html
    http://www.2-spyware.com/review-spyware-cease.html

As you can see on the URLs above, Spyware Cease is simplely one of anti-spyware program that can be used to remove and block spyware threats.

We are making great effort to improve our program all the time, and dedicate to offer more convenience for PC uers on protecting their system security.

What is more, many security companies, including AVG, Bitdefender, Avast.com and 2-spyware.com, which had false positive on Spyware Cease before, all have removed the false positive after fulling testing.

Therefore, would you please remove our Spyware Cease from your virus list?
    Last edited by miguelluis; 2009-02-13 at 09:12.

Retired

Hello,
    are the false positives fixed and an update available?

Hello,
    are the false positives fixed and an update available?
    Yes, the false positive has been removed and the update is available now. Please re-download and re-install Spyware Cease on your PC to check out. If there is any problem, please let me know.

Thank you

Hello,

We have removed the false positive and updated our virus database. Please re-download Spyware Cease from our web site and check it out.

Please let us know the result as soon as possible since this is a top priority issue for us.

Thank you

Retired

Hello,
    today I tested your software again and it found the same false positives as last week:

Happily you have already proved by yourself that our detection about SpywareCease is totally adequate. As we do not have the time to test your software every day ending up with the same results, this thread will be closed

If you still think that your software is not malware do not hesitate to apply for an official review. But please be aware that if this review still shows that your software is correctly classified as malware you have to pay the bill for it. For more information please send a mail to review#spybot.info (#=@)

Kind regards,
    Markus