Thread: virtumonde not flagged during SS&D scan

Default virtumonde not flagged during SS&D scan

Running XP(home) SP3 and SS&D 1.6.2.

SS&D scans 386,991 files on my system. Probably over 200,000 of these files are in virtumonde.sci and virtumonde.sdn (SS&D lists these two files during the scan and the scan count rapidly increases from about the 100,000 mark to over 300,000 without changing the file name being scanned). SS&D reports no problems found during the scan. Yet when I perform a Search > files and folders on my C:\ drive for vurtumonde it doesn't find any files anywhere. My computer is not having any virus or malware problems, but I can't help think that these virtumonde files are somewhere taking up space and potentially harmful. Where do I look and how do I get these files off of my system?

Your kind of misunderstanding. When Spybot-Search&Destroy scans, it scans for malware and it's little friends. The number count you see (Bot Check number/number: Product) is the number of "fingerprints" that Spybot is scanning. So it's like telling you how much percent is completed in a way if you think about the fraction.

So, are you saying that SS&D is looking for virtumonde but that I don't have it or any of its turds on my computer because the scan didn't find it?

If Virtumonde is not flagged in the results window then you do not have it.