Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TeaTimer crashes when system is idle..

Unhappy TeaTimer crashes when system is idle..

Hi, I have an old computer runnig windows 98. To secure it from malware I installed spybot and teatimer. Everything works just fine except when the system is idle for a while a white error message pops up with no text and only the button close. If I click close teatimer shuts down and the whole system becomes unstable, I get "not enough memmory" messages when trying to run applications although I've got plenty of memory. Is there any way to fix this? I would rather not disable teatimer since Windows 98 is so insecure.

PS: I checked that it is not a conflict with the screensaver. This problem occurs even with the screensaver disabled.

Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I am using spybot version 1.6.0.30

Uninstall this version because it is dated and download the latest version (1.6.2):
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    -

Lightbulb You have an outdated version.....

Please uninstall and download a fresh copy of spybot found here.

Let us know if that resolves the issue you are experiencing.

Edit:

haha drragostea beat me to it again
    Last edited by 129260; 2009-02-11 at 01:03.

Smile [solved]

Oh I didn't know that there was newer version since I reinstalled the system and downloaded spybot only a week ago :P. Thank you very much, I think this solved my problem

Lightbulb Great!

Let us know if you have any more problems/concerns. Thanks for using spybot!

I am not a security expert but, I just would like to raise a little flag about the fact that teatimer is using a lot of memory. Personally, teatimer is taking 57,640 ko. Maybe this may be link to a part of his problem, running teatimer under windows 98 and maybe he does not have enough memory in his computer.

Just a thought.

You can always disable TeaTimer.
    Thing is that newer machines built today have more resources and it is more than enough for TeaTimer to run smoothly with no problems. If you have the money, you can always upgrade your current machine or purchase a new more powerful one, or you'll just have to live with what you have and make the best out of it.

Smile

Even though the computer is old it still has 256 mb of memmory and that's quite good for such an old computer. I have not had any problems now since installing the new version.