Thread: Problem with Updates anf Firefox Coockies

Default Problem with Updates anf Firefox Coockies

I'm using Spybot S&D last versione.
    1) When I try to search updates, a windows is shown with this message:
    (ITA) "E' necessario selezionare dall'elenco almeno un file di aggiornamento"
    (ENG) "It is necessary to select from the list at least an updating file"
    What can I do?

2) Spybot seems to be unable to detect Firefox coockies. So I can't choose none to ignore from removal.

What version of Spybot-SD are you running?

And for your second question: Open Spybot>Advanced Mode>Settings>File Sets. Make sure the User Trackage tabs are checked.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    What version of Spybot-SD are you running?

Version 1.6.2 (O.S. Vista x64)
    But yesterday, after I made the manual update using the Detection Update file of 02/11/2009, the message desappers and now is shown "No newer updates"; I think is correct.
    We'll see when some update will be available....

And for your second question: Open Spybot>Advanced Mode>Settings>File Sets. Make sure the User Trackage tabs are checked.
    Already done.
    In Settings>Ignore cookies I see only Opera's and IE's cookies but not the Firefox ones.
    Please note I'm using Firefox 3.1 beta 2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by folblog View Post
    But yesterday, after I made the manual update using the Detection Update file of 02/11/2009, the message desappers and now is shown "No newer updates"; I think is correct.
    Yes, Spybot-Search&Destroy 1.6.2 is the latest version and the latest detection updates are from February 11th, 2009.

As for the cookies, I'm not sure if version 1.6.2 works with the cookies, especially when it (Mozilla Firefox) is still a beta and it is one version higher than the stable Mozilla Firefox (3.0.6).

You might want to ask PepiMK (Patrick M. Kolla; writer of Spybot) about this problem. Hopefully he'll see your problem and find a remedy to it.