Thread: Teatimer no longer blocking Registry change

Default Teatimer no longer blocking Registry change

Since the last update, Teatimer is allowing a key to be added that I normally block at startup. I found this in the description of version 1.6:

'...we decided that we need to make this easier for the average user, and integrated automated decisions based on the system entry database built through our RunAlyzer, containing more than quarter of a million decisions.'

I agree that average users may not know what to do in some cases, but is there any way to review/change the database? Blocking that key was the most useful function of Teatimer for me. Now all it does is ask me to allow or deny my own change when I delete that key, and keep my compiler files locked so I have to continually turn it off and back on when I'm working on a program.

Fran

Lightbulb Try this!

Right click teatimer, choose and untick "use source whitelist" and "use entry black- and whitelists". That should let you make advanced changes based on your very own choices. Let me know if that works for you!

Sorry to be so long replying. It's been a bad year.

I finally got a chance to update to 1.6 and was able to blacklist the key I wanted to block. 1.6 also stopped my locked file problem, so I'm very happy with Teatimer now.

A couple of questions: when Spybot starts, it wants to delete temporary files. I'd rather manage them myself. Is there any way to stop it asking? It looks like there is a count-down timer. If it gets to 0 what happens?

Thanks,
    Fran

Lightbulb when it gets to zero........

it just deletes everything in your temp folder. On the latest edition however, the default is no. Make sure you have version 1.6.2. The latest version is found here. Do not confuse temp folder for the temporary Internet files folder. They are different things. See this blog post for more information. Alot of people complained about the feature, so in the latest version it defaults to not deleting the items in the temporary folder. I hope that information helps you, let me know if you need any more information. Also, if you do update to the new version, uninstall the other version first. Restart and then download the latest spybot from my link. Thanks!

PS: Wow! it did take a while for you to get back on here. Glad your back, sorry to hear of your ruff year....

Arghhh. Already I need to uninstall/install a new version? No way to disable it in 1.6.0?

Which folders does it empty? I have a temp folder under my own user name, one under default user and one under Windows. They all seem to have the usual junk, but also install logs and other stuff that looks like it should stay.

Does it go ahead with the deletes if the timer counts down?

Thanks,
    Fran

Spybot-Search&Destroy 1.6.2 gives you the option to turn it off permanently.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    -