Thread: General Spybot S&D questions

Default General Spybot S&D questions

I read the tutorial and tried to google the info, searched on here, but I swear I just can't figure this out.

I'm getting CONSTANT pop-ups -
    Spybot Search & Destroy has deteced an important registry entry that has been changed.

Category : System Startup user entry
    Change : Value deleted
    Entry : SpybotDeleting(then some numbers/letter that change)
    Old data : different info generally a .com or c:\...

I keep hitting "Deny Change", but I've hit it well over a hundred times and it just keeps popping back up immediately. Do I just need to keep on clicking or is this something that I can take care of faster? Why is this coming up? I asked to do the reccomended fix.

Also, does running Uniblue Registry Booster cause any problems with S&D?
    Last edited by Phyxius; 2009-02-13 at 04:34.

Also, does running Uniblue Registry Booster cause any problems with S&D?
    I don't really see how a standalone registry 'cleaner' would conflict with a anti-spyware scanner. Answer is no.

What you do when you encounter this prompt is to allow them. Denying them will cause only more trouble. What happens is that Spybot is trying to remove an item during startup, thus scheduling a startup entry. However, you are hindering that by denying that change.

Next time you get that prompt, allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post

I don't really see how a standalone registry 'cleaner' would conflict with a anti-spyware scanner. Answer is no.

What you do when you encounter this prompt is to allow them. Denying them will cause only more trouble. What happens is that Spybot is trying to remove an item during startup, thus scheduling a startup entry. However, you are hindering that by denying that change.

Next time you get that prompt, allow it.
    Thanks for the reply Tahoma.

Previously I had no problems on start-up now I have a command prompt window that comes up and cycles through (blinking on and off) about 30 times before I break down and just close Spybot. Any ideas on that one?

Thanks again!

Is there a way to multi allow prompts?
    Last edited by Phyxius; 2009-02-15 at 03:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    Is there a way to multi allow prompts?
    The current version of Teatimer has a quite large "white" list of things it allows without asking the user, and many of us can go for weeks without having a dialogue come up to ask for a manual response. When these do come up, they are obviously outside of its current "known" list. If you don't understand what it is doing in any specific case, then allowing it for that specific item would be no worse than if Teatimer were not present.

On the other hand in my opinion a "multi allow" would defeat the object of using Teatimer in the first place, and in this situation I would suggest you turn off Teatimer, then it won't give you any dialogues to answer.