Thread: Immunization issues

Default Immunization issues

Just installed the new spybot version and my host file is incomplete when I immunize. Can't block about 340 or so. Said that it might be a software issue. I have IE 6 and am running XP but I'm guessing that isn't the issue. I have some microsoft.net issues but again not sure if that's it. I just installed the new version of spysweeper prior and updated spywareblaster beforehand. This has never happened before and I have read the posts with none of those perticular programs being mentioned. I have not looked to see if there is a a host file blocker/ shield in spy sweeper or spywareblaster. I also have ad aware and super antispyware installed but never had an issue till now. Also ever since I did a sweep in safe mode I am getting a new listing set in the immunize tool. That sound right? Also I am asked on boot up if I want to remove X amount of files and that it can't remove most of them because they are in use. That normal? Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi blacknblue,

please read the thread Various reasons for incomplete immunization. Perhaps you can solve your problem with it.

I recommend to dis-able all other Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware real-time protections before you immunize your system with Spybot.

Moreover, I've installed SpywareBlaster here too and it works fine. Spy Sweeper could make trouble.

Best regards,
    -Matt-

Spy sweeper seems like the likely suspect. I'm going to snoop around and see what I can find. I've had it for a while now, just this new version that I installed.....ok will get back.

Well turns out spy sweeper was the culprit. I turned off the host file option, immunized fully. Thanks for your input.