Thread: Event Viewer SBSD Security Center Error

Default Event Viewer SBSD Security Center Error

I got the Win7 Security 2012 virus last night. I got it removed with Spybot and Malwarebytes. After that every time the PC boots Event Viewer logs an error Event ID 7003 and says "The SBSD Security Cener Service service depends on the following service:wscsvc"

I went into services.msc and saw that SBSD Security Center Service was stopped so I tried to start it. I got a message "Windows could not start the SBSD Security Center Service service on local computer. Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

After that I disabled the SBSD Securtiy Center and it does not load now when I boot. According to services.msc the SBSD SC is the Spybot file SDWinSec.exe. What is this and how do I get SBSD SC to start in services.msc?

See the "Run the Vista System File Checker Tool:" section of the answer here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-0e6c23b82c47 for instructions how to restore the wscsvc service. The answer is for Vista, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work for Windows 7.

If that doesn't work, a search of the Microsoft web site will produce further options.

I ran the sfc /scannow as instructed in the Vista System File Checker Tool. It did not find anything wrong.

When I enable SBSD SC and try to start it I still get the same error message.

Are you saying that the wscsvc service is running? It appears with the name "Security Center" in services.msc.

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    Are you saying that the wscsvc service is running? It appears with the name "Security Center" in services.msc.
    No, that is not what I am saying.

Event Viewer logs an error Event ID 7003 and says "The SBSD Security Cener Service service depends on the following service:wscsvc"

The SBSD Security Center will not start and everytime I try to start it I get the above error message.

Everytime the PC boots Win7 trys to start SBSD Security Center and I get the above error message.

In services.msc it says that SBSD Security Center is SDWinSec.exe and SDWinSec.exe is in the main Spybot folder on my PC that has all the Spybot files.

Spybot runs fine so what is SDWinSec.exe and is it suppose to be there?

If SDWinSec.exe is suppose to be there then how can I get it to start?

So have you checked that the wscsvc service is running? Given that you tell us:

Quote Originally Posted by idahosurge View Post
    Event Viewer logs an error Event ID 7003 and says "The SBSD Security Cener Service service depends on the following service:wscsvc"
    which implies that the Spybot service depends upon the wscsvc service (Security Center), wouldn't it make sense to make sure that the wscsvc service is running? You say that the sfc /scannow check found no problems, so it sounds to me as if the wscsvc service is installed but isn't running. If the wscsvc service isn't running, how do you expect the Spybot service, which depends upon it, to run?

what is SDWinSec.exe and is it suppose to be there?
    See the /components section of http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html It is the the Security Center integration.

If SDWinSec.exe is suppose to be there then how can I get it to start?
    The first thing that I would do is make sure that the wscsvc service is running, since the Spybot service appears to depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by drghughes View Post
    So have you checked that the wscsvc service is running? Given that you tell us:

I see, said the blind man! It never dawned on me to look and see if wscsvc was running, with that said wscsvc is not listed in my services.msc, would it be called by another name? There also is not anything called Windows SXXXXX CXXXXX either.

See the /components section of http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html It is the the Security Center integration.

Thanks, now I know what it is and since it is for Security Center integration on Vista I guess I do not need it to run since I am on Win7.
    Thanks!

I see, said the blind man! It never dawned on me to look and see if wscsvc was running, with that said wscsvc is not listed in my services.msc, would it be called by another name? There also is not anything called Windows SXXXXX CXXXXX either.
    I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit and there it has the name Security Center.

Thanks, now I know what it is and since it is for Security Center integration on Vista I guess I do not need it to run since I am on Win7.
    I don't think that that is correct. The Security Center is a part of Windows 7, as well as Vista. You may find the following articles helpful in getting it running:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...f-4029afefac02
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2519899

Once you have the Security Center running you should be able to get the Spybot service running.

You are the MAN!

One last question, in Services.msc on your Win7 machine is SBSD Security Center Service on Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start)?

SBSD SCS is finally working. Right now I put it on Automatic and was wondering if I should change it to Delayed Start.

I learned something, thanks for all the help. I had to use the registry merge to get Windows Security Center on again. After that SBSD SCS started right up when I changed it to automatic and rebooted the PC.

One last question, in Services.msc on your Win7 machine is SBSD Security Center Service on Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start)?
    SBSD Security Center is on Automatic.

Security Center (the wscsvc service) is on Automatic (Delayed Start).

Glad to hear that you've got everything working!