While using Spybot S&D in WinXP sp3 a few months ago it would run a full scan and report issues as normal until I got to the "Fix selected problems" stage and then it would lock up without any error message.. I would have to kill the process manually.. I made sure I was running the latest ver and still the same.. rebooted to safe mode.. still the same.. went and unistall/reinstall/update still the same.. so I unistalled kind of upset because I really liked Spybot S&D.. so today I figured I would give a another try since there had been updates and such since.. to my dismay the same thing.. The scan completed fine and reported issues and then when I hit the fix button it locked up again! GRR!

So I decided to set out on a mission and find out what the heck was going on... I ran some other spyware remover programs that I had been using in place of Spybot S&D and found something that didn't show up in the results when scanning with S&D..

So I wondered why because these problems were common.. meaning I remembered them from past scans in older versions of S&D so I opened S&D up again and went into "Settings" and "Ignore Products" and "all products" And sure enough there were a few things checked in there that I didn't check! And I'm the only one who uses this computer so I don't know how it happened... The items were Cdilla a most of the virtumonde entries

So I unchecked them rebooted to Safe mode and ran the scan as normal and what do you know!? The Cdilla and virtumondes came up in the results along with some other errors and the fix button didn't lock up anymore.. I don't know if it was just a fluke thing or if this will actually help anyone with the same problem.. but my issues with S&D seem to be gone..

PS ran the scan in both safe and normal windows mode both work fine now..

goodluck