Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having proiblems with the updater

Default Anyone having proiblems with the updater

Tried checking fo any up-dates today,,on all 3 computers get the message that there is an "error retriving update info file",,running XP,,also have the very latest spybot. Anyone else having this problem,,thanks.

BTW I'm using the built in updater. I was able to update several days ago with no problems.
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2009-02-16 at 22:58.

Yes, I'm getting the same problem. I can't even manually retrieve detection updates via their site because I can't connect to it. This all started after installing the 1.6.2 application update. Hopefully this is just the occasional server overload and not a bug in the new version.

Today I updated to 1.6.2.46 and even after re-installing it I keep getting the following message: Error retrieving update into file. (Stream read error)

Before I posting here I checked further back in this forum and saw where other folks had gotten this message but NOT with the -Stream read error-.

I have no idea what to check since none of the previous posts addressed this particular error.

I tried to Google for a solution but not too sure I should follow advice from folks not as familiar with SB as the folks here.

One note. When I re-installed I installed it over the existing program. Should I have un-installed it first?

Thanks.

I am also getting the "error retrieving update information file" message!
    Pay the price for bein' Hellbound!!!

But are you getting the -Stream read error?

Others are getting the Error retrieving update into file error but not the same one I am getting.

It's very frustrating to say the least.

I am getting no Stream Error just the "error retrieving update file" message!
    Pay the price for bein' Hellbound!!!

I'm just getting the message I orginally posted,,I d/l'ed the latest version last week and was able to update since then,,until today,,,btw,,I wish they would tell you to uninstall any old versions before you install the newest one,,I installed over the previous version but I don't think thats the cause of the latest priblem. Also its taking unusually long for the spybot web site to load so maybe theres a bigger problem than what I'm having.
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2009-02-17 at 00:50.

This is probably a dumb question but to any of the Spybot experts monitor this forum?

I just have no idea what to do next. Uninstall and start over or what!

The main server that hosts the main update information will get a memory upgrade in about 8 to 9 hours I hope - after that, it should work much smoother than currently (right now its choked a bit with people updating to 1.6.2)
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Thanks Pepi.