Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone having proiblems with the updater

I am getting this exact same problem.

Therefore Spybot cannot run its' daily update or check (I have check for updates at startup selected), and is therefore crippled and useless.

Hi mooman,

I guess you have installed Spybot 1.6.2.46 oder 1.6.0.30...

If your updater doesn't work, then you should try a complete un-install of Spybot. After that, reboot your computer and install a fresh 1.6.2.46 version.

I always recommend to un-install and old version of every security tool before installing the new one.

Best regards,
    -Matt-
    Last edited by Matt; 2009-02-22 at 17:44.

Default No update

Quote Originally Posted by Cart45 View Post
    [I] keep getting warning msg:Please select some update files from the list first.both in the auto updater and when I push the search for updates button
    But there is no list to choose any updates from?

I too keep getting that, but, apparently only on THIS machine, The list seems to come up but just flashes by. At least there is a window that flashes by. The XP machine behind me is not giving me that error and appears to be updating., as does the Windows 7 test machine, and the other XP Machine. I dont know yet about the other Vista machine, It is currently reinstalling due to an update it seems I completely uninstalled, rebooted, and then reinstalled but while it updated during install, it now will not. I can manually update though.

I have 2 computers that won't update. Even my iPhone won't go onto the spybot website. But when I turn the wifi off on my iPhone I can go onto the site. I have a dlink wireless router and I believe that's where the problem lies.