Thread: Virtumonde and Virtumonde.generic

Default Virtumonde and Virtumonde.generic

A few days ago, while on the internet I started getting random ads popping up while I was routinely checking my e-mail, checking sports scores, etc. I just figured it just came along when I was on a certain website. They became more frequent and my computer starting running noticeably slower. A friend of mine installed Spybot S&D about a year ago so I thought I'd run a check to see if there was any malware of some sort. After running the check it found Virtumonde and Virtumode.generic to be present. I clicked Fix Selected Problems and wanted to run the check one more time to confirm that they had been removed. After running the check it detected them once again. I ran a check about an hour ago and it has detected 1 entry of the Virtumonde trojan and and 3 entries of the Virtumonde.generic trojan. I've visited numerous forums and found this problem to be rather common. I have not run any other types of scans except for Spybot. I did run a system restore last night hoping to take it back a few days before I was having this problem but that didn't work. This is all I have tried so far. I figured that it would be easier to just ask for some help and see where that goes. So far I have been on the internet for a good while and I am no longer seeing any pop ups but my computer is running a little slower than normal. If someone could help me remove these files, that would be awesome! Thanks!

blindside86

Default Need Help Removing Virtumonde and Virtumonde.generic

About one minute ago I had two pop ups resurface once again. I haven't had any all day long. I will need my computer for some assignments in college, so I'd like to try and get this fixed asap. Thank you.

blindside86

Hello,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, this one has been closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016