Thread: cannot update_cannot desinstall

Default cannot update_cannot desinstall

hello to everybody,

I posted some time ago but because of ill health have been unable to continue.

I had some difficulties updating Spybot and it is now impossible to run. So I decided to unistall and received the message "Runtime Error (at-10) Cannot Import dll:C:\Program Files\Spybot -Search&Destroy\UninsSrv.dll."

I have to add that I am new at computers (despite my age) and the answer needs to be as simple as possible for my "simple" mind.

thank you in advance and good weekend.
    Last edited by Ludivine; 2009-02-22 at 14:52. Reason: text error

Hello everybody,
    Since I first posted, I understand from other messages that my problems may have been caused by the server so I tried again yesterday but still my problem is there: cannot update, cannot reinstall, cannot desinstall.
    Anyone?

Smile Cannot uninstall or update or run Spybot

I am having the same problem and wish someone could give us some advice. I am wondering if this problem has been caused by some malware?

I am also having the same problem. And I can't install the antivirus I just paid for without uninstalling Spybot! I tried downloading and update to see if it would allow me to uninstall then, but alas, it could not be completed

capgrey:
    Read this thread:

france, install Spybot-Search&Destroy after the installation of your anti-virus.

It won't let me install my anti virus until I uninstall spybot. And spybot won't let me uninstall it.

Hi everybody!

I read the post as recommend and I would ask if this time we are also dealing with a maleware.

I do have Avast antivirus, and I have also made a chek with Malewarebytes - nothing found- I would also add that in my case, apart from being unable to use Spybot (I know, I wish I could) there are no other signs of disfunction at the moment.

I do ask because I am a real beginner in computer and the idea of having to perform the procedures indicated appear rather intimidating.

Ludivine, sorry if it sounds confusing. I'll try to make it simpler.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...76&postcount=8
    -
    This posts explains that there is a .scr (same like a .exe file) hidden in the Spybot Program Files folder. This was created as a self-defense mechanism against malware. You'll have to enabled the view of hidden system files for just a second. The file should be 4777KB. Doubling clicking it will execute Spybot-Search&Destroy.

Thank you Drragostea.

Yes, things are now clearer. I'll get on with it.

Have a good day.