I've been having a problem with Outlook Express constantly (like every 5-10 minutes with no email coming in) popping up to compact messages. Many others are having same problem and MS, in true fashion, is mute. What it seems to come down to is something is causing the "Compact Check Count" to increment rapidly. People have found a variety of programs that seem to "cause" this behavior. I've tried using "Process Monitor" but am not really familiar with the program and it comes up with many processes, among which is "Tea Timer". I have had this problem in the past but resolved it removing a conflict from Nero but it has re-appeared and has gotten worse with the last round of "MS Security updates" (what a surprise). I'm running XP-SP3, Office 2007, AVG Anti-Virus, and S-S&D - all up to date. Is there any reason or possibility that Tea Timer is contributing to the problem? Disabling it seems to have slowed but not eliminated the incrementing which probably means that more than one process is triggering the count.
Any help would be appreciated!