Thread: SPYBOTSD_INCLUDES.EXE as SPYGUARD

Default SPYBOTSD_INCLUDES.EXE as SPYGUARD

I always download the latest updates file (only) from the S&D website. The name of the file is "spybotsd_includes.exe". However for the last two or three updates, when I doubleclick on the executable file, TeaTimer warns me as follows:
    Spybot - Search & Destroy has encountered and terminated a process that is listed as part of a malicious software
    Process ID 4294385325
    Filename SPYBOTSD_INCLUDES.EXE
    Found In C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\DOWNLOADS/
    Identified as SPYGUARD

I always check the options to "delete the associated file" and "Inform me again".

I don't understand how this could happen? I download directly from S&D website and yet the file is malicious. Can someone please advise / help. Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There was an error in a previous update that is causing the problem. Exit TeaTimer, install the updates then restart TeaTimer as follows:
    • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident (TeaTimer should close).
    • Execute the spybotsd_includes.exe program.
    • Restart TeaTimer:
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
      • Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

For more information see:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Spyguard in Spybot?

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
    David