Thread: Scanning error

Default Scanning error

Hi,

I'm trying to run a Spybot check on my C drive and for unknown reasons, the scan stops roughly mid way through the check and a message appears in the empty space that says it has not found any threats, but there was an error in the scan. Something about a file or extention being in use by another process.

I've run Spybot numerous times on the computer, and it has always worked fine. I have tried restarting, as well as upgrading to the newest available version, and nothing seems to cure the error. Is it possible I would have to completely re-install the program, or does the problem lay deeper?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Please post the actual error you are getting. To do that:
    • Run another scan.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste those results to a new post in this thread.

Thanks

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

yeah, try posting some sort of screenshot or log so that one of the moderators can help you with your Spybot error. Otherwise, without a screenshot or log, they cannot help.
    Are you being watched?