Thread: Spybot-S&D Distributed Berta Testing Service Console

Default Spybot-S&D Distributed Berta Testing Service Console

Is this software that is still in BETA testing supposed to access the web all of the time? I have been having problems with my system for about three (3) months and am just now getting it to work normal for me again. My Comodo Internet Security/FireWall has shown up to nine (9) connections from your Beta software through port 80, is this normal? I may have a need to remove this until later on when I feel more comfortable with my system and it's operations.

I await you,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Well, its purpose is testing faster than regular alpha/beta, but 9 connections? It should never have been more than one at a time: to download information about tests, to ownload each test, and to upload the test results. Serial operation, one after another, with breaks while scanning or between tests.

9 at the same time cannot be explained with "BETA", that is technically not possible since there is only one socket used in the code and it's not multithreaded.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hi LoneLurker
    (Greetings from northern germany! )

I think, that this has to do with the "refresh"-time of the statistic - I just checked, while the software was running, very often (cmd) "netstat -ano" and sometimes it looked as if there have been up to 32 (!) connections at same time... After waiting ībit much less - so this is why I think about realtime, statistics and refresh-intervals. ?
    Sincerely!

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Well, its purpose is testing faster than regular alpha/beta, but 9 connections? It should never have been more than one at a time: to download information about tests, to ownload each test, and to upload the test results. Serial operation, one after another, with breaks while scanning or between tests.

9 at the same time cannot be explained with "BETA", that is technically not possible since there is only one socket used in the code and it's not multithreaded.
    PepiMK,

That will not occur again, as I have been advised by my software to remove your Beta testing software which I have done. This is not a reflection on your software nor am I going to stop using your software, have been using it too long to abandon you. My confidence in your software is not shaken. Until my confidence in my system is back to normal any TESTing software will not be used.

I have just taken about 15 minutes to search for some logs that may give you some info on what was going on at that time, just have not found what I am looking for, yet. It may take me a couple of days to find some more information on this for you. I did not think your software was doing that as programmed, did want you to be aware this activity had happened on my system. Also did not take down the TCP/IP's but that information was there long enough for me to read and could have taken down the numbers just did not. I noticed that it was coming from your software and going to Port:80. There were so many all from the same source did not feel it was a danger. NEXT time anything such as that occurs there will be a very fast copy made of more of the info. Plan on going to Comodo and seeing if there is any way of finding that information, I am a member of their Forum and several other.

Thank you for reading my post and the information you have provided to keep me safe.
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Quote Originally Posted by nOInfectIOn View Post
    Hi LoneLurker
    (Greetings from northern germany! )

I think, that this has to do with the "refresh"-time of the statistic - I just checked, while the software was running, very often (cmd) "netstat -ano" and sometimes it looked as if there have been up to 32 (!) connections at same time... After waiting ībit much less - so this is why I think about realtime, statistics and refresh-intervals. ?
    Sincerely!
    nOInfectIOn,

I agree with you that this was an aboration or something that is caught in the 'refresh rate' and is not a concern.

With the other problems I have had in the last 4 or 5 months was just a little concerned there may have been an infection that may have taken place by some of the UNKNOWNS that were found on my system. Not by SpybotS&D but other Malware as well as Comodo's antivirus software that is included with their Internet Security Software that includes a FireWall.

Thank you for your input and your reading of my toasty poster,