Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immunization

I'm kind of interested in this as well. I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (yes it forces the uninstallation of spybot, but when you're used to reinstalling operating systems because they keep breaking, reinstalling one application isn't a big deal), ad-aware ae, and windows defender. realtime is disabled in the latter two, and I was having the trouble before I installed ad-aware and before I turned on defender at all.

I tried disabling KIS's protection, but that didn't help.

I have two admin accounts (one is in case I royally screw up my main, done it before on XP and have taken precautions since) and one limited account (because my mother barely knows how to use MS office and I don't trust her to tell the difference between malware and real stuff). All are password protected. My main admin account started out as limited, but I got tired of having to put in an admin password every time I wanted to do something and having to run xfire as a different user to monitor my games is a pain.

I deleted the original admin account (this is when the problem started) after turning this one into admin, then made a second admin account as backup. My reasoning is simple: I'm too lazy to copy the home folder and application data to the other user.

Each user can see their own immunization locations, but none of the others. This is true for both admin accounts and the regular limited account.

Operating system is Vista Home Premium, SP1, 32-bit. UAC is enabled. disabling it doesn't change the symptoms. If you guys want any more information I'll be happy to provide it.

Hi Matt

Tried disabling the real-time protection for SpywareDr and Norton and then re-imunised as suggested. Didn't make any difference. I'll try and post a screenshot.

Regards

Redkola