Thread: Spybot S&D 1.6.2 - ERROR DURING CHECK

Question Spybot S&D 1.6.2 - ERROR DURING CHECK

Spybot 1.6.2 is the latest version available to me in North America, as far as I can tell. Since I loaded it last month, I have not been able to run it properly. I only receive results that state "Error During Check" with details following then it ends with [Failed to get data for"] - has anyone else seen this messy problem? At this point, I'm not sure what to do since I always relied on Spybot S&D prevoius versions as a great products. HELP ! Thank You.

Question

Hi instant25,

to Safer Networking Forums.

Did Spybot find Malware? Have you tried other Spywarescanner, such as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or SuperAntiSpyware?

Which operating system do you use?

Which other security tools do you use?

Best regards,
    -Matt-

Default error during Check

I have received this error message also. It came after an update of english definitions. This tends to lean towards a problem on the side of Spybot which they need to address and fix. Send an email to the support center and let them know what is goin on and how they intend to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by tophercar View Post
    Send an email to the support center and let them know what is goin on and how they intend to fix it.
    Yes, send'm an email will put a fire on their rear to fix the free software. I still get no response on when the autoscan feature locks up the program once you cancel it. I'm sticking with v1.6.0 until they fix that issue with v1.6.2.