i installed spybot s&D after avg because i had a virus thing...well, anyway, things are looking much slower around here. and i'm wondering if avg does realtime scans like spybot's teatime, and which one should i keep in that mode if yes.

and in the forums' collective experience: is there any advantage or disadvantage to having both installed on an old dELL computer with not much memory anyway [RUNNING WINDOWS xp + sp2] which probably also has security running?

what i'm asking is, if you haVE a recommendation to EITHER reset SETTINGS for Type or Frequency or Realtime [TEATIME?] so that my PC performance is Affected as little as possible.

Also, i'm wondering what the common thought is about needing both spybot and avg?

Do they do the same thing? DEPENDING ON THE ANSWER: which one would you recommend, regarding my slowed-down system, EITHER UNINSTALLING OR ADJUSTING FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY.

EVEN TYPING THIS EMAIL, I HAVE TO WAIT FIVE SECONDS FOR THE LETTERS TO APPEAR. I'M ALSO GETTING VIRTUAL MEMORY LOW POPUPS, AND I SWEAR I'VE GONE IN AND SWITCHED EVERYTHING FROM VISUAL TO CACHE TO DELETING TEMPS THAT IS RECOMMENDED.

I RUN ON FLOCK BETA, WHICH I KNOW IS A CHUNK, BUT WHEN I READ THAT SPYBOT WOULD IMPROVE PERFORMANCE I GUESS I SET MY HOPES TO HIGH; HOWEVER, I DO FEEL THAT IT'S A GREAT ADVANTAGE AND WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO UNINSTALL, SO I'M LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS.

mrjyn

thanks,

mrjyn