Well, I've finally reached a point where I think I'm ready to connect my PC back to the net, which means I'll be able to follow standard advice.

If you want the full background on what I've been battling see this topic:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=46356

Anyway, long story short:
The Refpron Trojan somehow teleported itself into my system and began downloading whatever virus it could get its hands on. Most notably: Virut, which forced its way into all of my executables.

I was running ZoneAlarm and AVG8.0, but they were more reactive than preventative somehow. Before they realized what was going on my system was maaaassively compromised.

I tried multiple times to use web-based virus scanners to no avail. I unplugged the system from the network for the rest of my "trials". The next day I got an e-mail from my service provider telling me that it detected bulk spam being sent from my IP, and to desist or I'd be cut off. Ooh, ok, so no connecting that system to the net after all...

Using a combination of Knoppix, BartPE, Avast, Spybot, AVG Virut Remover Tool, Dr Web Cureit, Malware Bytes AntiMalware, sfc /scannow, and two repair installs I'm finally in a situation where I *think* I'm safe to go online again to further troubleshoot this disaster.

Spybot, Avast, Dr Web, and Malwayre Bytes Anti-Walware say I'm clear of all detectable threats. .......I don't trust any of them any more.

So, any expert who wants to tackle this one, I'd be much obliged. I'll post whatever log you want me to post, just keep in mind I'd prefer to know I'm safe to go online before I do so.