Thread: when using the integrated update feature

Default when using the integrated update feature

... does, it update versions also or just definitions?
    currently I have SpyBot S&D installed on my home machine which isn't currently connected to anything, but will be in the future shortly,
    I have to bring work home from the office regularly so I installed SpyBot S&D just in case something managed to get on to the USB drives I use
    and I have been just getting the definitions however with the last program update the instructions said to uninstall 1.6.0 before installing 1.6.2, will this be the case when I use the integrated "Search for updates" feature or does it update the program also?

Using the integrated updater it'll usually update the definitions. When a new version (build) is released it'll take roughly 1-2 weeks before it hits the update servers (new build is available for download via .exe installer).

I would suggest you uninstall your 1.6.0 version before upgrading to 1.6.2 for a clean start.

thanks for the info
    I already have done the uninstall of 1.6.0 & installed 1.6.2
    and have gotten a few of the update "includes" files,
    but when the next program version is available will I have to go through the uninstall again or will the integrated auto update,
    update the program version?

Cheers

You don't have to uninstall, I mean you can always wait until the major update build is pushed out on the update servers.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    You don't have to uninstall, I mean you can always wait until the major update build is pushed out on the update servers.
    So if there will be 1.6.3 I should get it with integrated update?

I always deinstalled/installed when a new version came out ...

ance, well I'm not sure if the future version of Spybot-Search&Destroy will be "1.6.3.x". It's more like 2.0 (maybe) .

Basically the idea is that the major program update (to the next build) will be delivered usually a week or two after the .exe has been delivered. I usually uninstall and reinstall because I'm usually one of the those who doesn't like to wait : D.