Thread: Installation without Internet access?

Default Installation without Internet access?

This may be an extremely stupid question, but--I would very much like to install spybot on an infected computer where my internet access is blocked. I have no idea what infected it, and I've been scanning it for more than a few days with three other programs that sometimes came up with trojan detections and sometimes not--because of having no idea what the virus is the only way I see my computer fixed is to keep scanning until there's nothing left. Spyboy seems to do a good job with scanning on my laptop, but I can never install it on my PC because the server cannot be reached (or something along those lines).

So with that relatively useless paragraph in mind--is is possible to install spybot without a connection, or is this never going to work?

By default in Spybot-S&D setup, there is an option in compoments list named "Download Immeditate Updates" (2,0 MB) which makes the problem. You only need to uncheck it and you should be able to install Spybot-S&D now.

Note: Because that Spybot-S&D doesn't have any detection rule files, you will need to download manual updates for Spybot-S&D which should be available here: http://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?cat=13 (but it seems outdated...)
    Here is a direct link for manual update which should contain detection rules: http://www.spybotupdates.biz/updates...d_includes.exe

Hi idlackage,

to Safer Networking Forums.

You can download Spybot from another computer and save it on your usb-stick. Moreover, there are detection rules, which you can also download onto your usb-stick.

Copy theese two files onto the infected computer(desktop). Install Spybot first, then double-click the detection rules ("spybodsd_includes.exe"), Spybot will be updated with the newest detection rules.

Spybot 1.6.2.46 Download and detection updates

May I ask, which tools you have tried out?

If you have question, please feel free to answer.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Tom.K and Matt - Wow I'm blind. Just...facepalm needed. Thankyou so much to both of you! I did have the setup and the detection rules in my USB, but I just completely missed the 'download immediate updates' part. It works perfectly now, thanks again!

May I ask, which tools you have tried out?
    Avast, SUPERAntiSpyware, and Malwarebytes.

Quote Originally Posted by idlackage View Post
    It works perfectly now, thanks again!
    Which Malware did Spybot find?

I'm glad we could help you.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt