Thread: [Warning] IE 8 vs Spybot-Search & Destroy

Default [Warning] IE 8 vs Spybot-Search & Destroy

Guys and girls, be aware that, after installing IE 8 final version, you may experience a hang, while trying to check for updates for Spybot.

It just won't answer any longer.

IE 8 Final also screwed with SpywareBlaster, and, insanely, also services.msc (part of the Windows system). If we open Windows services (services.msc, from Start Menu, search field) and execute it with Administrative rights, it just won't load, at all.

This final version is buggier than release candidate.

Be careful. I'm using Windows Vista SP1 x86, UAC enabled and under normal user account.

I did some more digging, and it seems that, somehow, IE 8 made every application and processes needing Administrative rights to work properly, to respond really slower.

That's why Spybot hangs while I try to update it.

The same happens if we install an application that needs Administrative rights. The bigger, the longer we have to wait for it to respond. Heck!

Do you have restore points enabled?

Did you Ghost your drive before you installed IE8?

I'd get rid of it, unless you plan on doing a lot of beta testing for IE8

We have determined that there is a problem with the SpyBot Search and Destroy "innoculate" feature which puts 10000 domains in the restricted sites list.

*** It's possible that this might be causing the performance problems on startup that some folks are reporting here. ***

Quote from blog IE team.