Thread: Can't Immunize Firefox 3.6

Default Can't Immunize Firefox 3.6

I can't get Firefox to immunize anymore. After I open my browser the immunization gets reset back to no protection again. I tried deleting the permissions.sqlite file and replacing the hostperm.1 file with a blank but it didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks.

I'm not sure what would cause immunization to be reset back to no protection when you open your browser.
    There is an issue where,if Site Preferences is checkmarked when clearing Recent History,Spybot immunization is removed.You could check to see if that is checkmarked by going to Tools,Clear Recent History,then seeing if Site Preferences is checkmarked to be cleared.
    Would you happen to have Firefox set to Clear History when Firefox closes?You could check that by going to Tools,Options,Privacy,and under the History heading,selecting Use Custom Settings For History,and seeing if the 'Clear History When Firefox Closes' box is checked,if you aren't sure.

Having both Site Preferences checkmarked and Clear History when Firefox closes could cause Immunization to be lost when you close Firefox.About the only thing I can think of,at the moment.

See Immunization Settings for Firefox Lost Every Time Browser Opened. There are two locations that Site Preferences must be unchecked when clearing history. Fortunately, you only have to do this once and save the settings.

HostPerm.1 isn't used since Firefox v3.x. See Profile folder - Firefox.

Well,whaddya know.Finally,it all makes sense now!
    I never got the first bit in that link before,since I don't use Clear History,and when I looked in Privacy,I saw no settings.So I ignored it when posting.
    But,I see Site Preferences is in Tools,Options...,Privacy,Use Custom Settings for History,then the Settings button beside Clear History When Firefox Closes.

Yes, it is a bit convoluted. People associate Site Preferences with privacy, but finding out anything about someone's surfing thru Site Preferences would take quite a bit of effort. Most don't associate Site Preferences with the protections offered by SpyBot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster.

Of course, Site Preferences save the site zoom settings, and other such things also.

Default Fixed!

Unchecking Site Preferences took care of the problem. Thanks everyone!!

Glad it worked,stevansky.