Thread: Unable to integrate with Windows Security Center

Question Unable to integrate with Windows Security Center

Hello, there
    I used an old version of Spybot (perhaps 1.5) that was regulary seen in Windows Vista by WSC, listing S&D near Windows Defender and Norton 360 icons.
    After updating to version 1.6 I cannot see the presence of S&D in Windows Security Center although I remember to have enabled the option "integration with WSC" during the upgrade to version 1.6.
    Anyway S&D works perfectlly, just I'm asking why WSC is not able to see S&D in its window. The problem exists on two notebook one using Vista Home premium, the other Vista Home Basic.
    Is there anybody out there explaining me why does it happens?
    Have a beautiful weekend

Live long and prosper

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Mega Tornaconto:

In Vista you must elevate the administrator rights in order to install the Spybot-S&D Security Center integration. I believe that the actual program which adds Spybot to the Windows Security Center during the installation is SDWinSec.exe.

Instead of double clicking on the installation program (spybotsd162.exe), right click on it and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    In Vista you must elevate the administrator rights in order to install the Spybot-S&D Security Center integration. I believe that the actual program which adds Spybot to the Windows Security Center during the installation is SDWinSec.exe.

Instead of double clicking on the installation program (spybotsd162.exe), right click on it and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
    I'm having a similar problem to the OP. I just installed SB1.6.2 on a newly built PC and it didn't integrate with security center.
    I ran the installation in administrative mode but no joy.
    How can I integrate it?
    The PC is running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Edit: I just noticed this is in the beta section, if I posted in the wrong place I appologise but would still appreciate an answer.
    Last edited by te6jtig; 2009-12-20 at 09:58.