Thread: AVG-Secure-Search-Update-0913a.exe Malware???

Default AVG-Secure-Search-Update-0913a.exe Malware???

Hi,

I think my AVG anti-virus just updated. Odd thing happened, I've been running Spybot S & D in the background for months (years?), and it just popped up a warning/error that a process was terminated. Here's the weird thing it looks like a file from AVG. Wha??? How did AVG get malware in it? Here's what came up in the Spybot log:

9/9/2013 9:27:36 PM Encountered and terminated FalcoPickFlip in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG 0913a Campaign\AVG-Secure-Search-Update-0913a.exe!

A screenshot of the popup message from Spybot is attached.

What the heck is going on? Is Spybot wrong? Did AVG get malware in it? Any thoughts, or similar experiences?

Thanks All,

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default AVG-Secure-Search-Update-0913a.exe

Hi,

Is this a false positive, or does AVG have malware now? From the logs:

9/9/2013 9:27:36 PM Encountered and terminated FalcoPickFlip in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG 0913a Campaign\AVG-Secure-Search-Update-0913a.exe!

Screenshot is also attached. Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-09-10 at 07:11. Reason: Merged two topics

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherTom View Post
    Hi,

I think my AVG anti-virus just updated. Odd thing happened, I've been running Spybot S & D in the background for months (years?), and it just popped up a warning/error that a process was terminated. Here's the weird thing it looks like a file from AVG. Wha??? How did AVG get malware in it? Here's what came up in the Spybot log:

A screenshot of the popup message from Spybot is attached.

What the heck is going on? Is Spybot wrong? Did AVG get malware in it? Any thoughts, or similar experiences?

Thanks All,

Tom
    I am not a big fan of the AVG toolbar so I just unchecked the delete box and told Spybot to terminate the AVG secure search toolbar. My browser still works and if for some reason you want the AVG toolbar back you can undo the action in Spybot since you did not delete the file.

Don

Hello Tom,
    please send us a complete bug report to detections@spybot.info. A zip archive containing the folder in question would be nice as well. Thanks in advance!