Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Teatimer 1.6.6.32 False Positives

Lightbulb thanks for getting back....

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    I currently have no good news on this issue. Only a couple more similar reports.
    These Teatimer false positives appear to be random. We may be needing a new version of Teatimer which gives us a bit more output, for instance the SBI ID.
    Hmm interesting....I hope we can figure out what is going on here...

Why - when I right-click on the Resident SYSTRAY icon, then click on "Show Log" - doesn't anything happen?

No log shows up. Shouldn't it have since it terminated "PestCapture"?

Or have I just got a setting wrong somewhere?

Also, all the fields in the "Settings" box are empty - are they supposed to be that way? Pete

spy1, do you use CCleaner? If Spybot is ticked in CCleaner that explains why there is no TeaTimer logs coming up when you look for it.

Exclamation False Positive with Keepass's Plugin KeeForm

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
    Internet Explorer 7, Maxthon 2.5.1 (uses IE as a base), FireFox 3.0.8
    Spybot S&D 1.6.2.46, Last update 3/25/2009
    Teatimer message when using the plugin KeeForm with Keepass to auto-enter login info website.

Log for teatimer contains:
    Code:
    3/28/2009 10:16:24 AM Encountered and terminated Spambot.mib in D:\Program Files\KeePass Password Safe\KeeForm.exe!
    3/28/2009 10:27:35 AM Encountered and terminated Spambot.mib in D:\Program Files\KeePass Password Safe\KeeForm.exe!
    Picture of false positive:

Keepass v1.15
    Link to Keepass website: http://www.keepass.info/

Plugin: KeeForm v2.01
    Link to KeeForm: http://keeform.sourceforge.net/

Yes indeed - I did have CCleaner set to clean all the SBS&D stuff, so that's where the log went. Thanks. Pete

Thank you for reporting this false positive.
    Keenform is not targeted and should not be detected as Spambot.mib.

This appears to be similar to other Teatimer FP issues since the recent Teatimer update. This thread will be merged with the other thread concerning this issue.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default Keepass & keyform

I have also had the same issue with Keepass & KeeFORM. Thought it might be a problem with those 2 apps so have spent several [fruitless as it turns out] hours ensuring that neither of those 2 apps had been compromised - they weren't!

I just need to know how to resolve the problem - there doesn't seem to be any way to undo an action carried out by Spybot and there SHOULD BE .

I was able to confirm the Keeform false positive, this will be fixed with the next detection update scheduled for 2009-04-22.

I just need to know how to resolve the problem - there doesn't seem to be any way to undo an action carried out by Spybot and there SHOULD BE
    Most actions performed by Spybot S&D can be undone, there are just a couple of deletions which cannot be reverted. If you specifiy the issue you want to undo I may be able to tell if it is possible with Spybot S&D.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default False Positive?

Very recent clean Win XP Pro fully Service Packed, ie 8, only running MS Office. Was installing Acrobat Reader 9.1 for the first time using "open" from adobe installer page. Was running an Ad-Aware scan in the background. System tray also has SUPERAntiSpyware 4.26.1000 Core: 3589 Trace: 1811 and Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent latest pattern 5.981.00. Also have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with latest updates. Spybot/SD resident is 1.6.2.0 ssp is 1.6.6.32. SD recommends Killing and Deleting...

Hello Wayne_D,

Please see the first post in this thread: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...05&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    please do the following:

* attach the detected file to an email to referencing this thread
    * include the resident log to your email
    * also include a full spybot S&D report to your email (scan , then right-click scan result and select to save full report)
    * state when you did the Teatimer update and if there were other parts of Spybot S&D updated as well (best attach the downloaded.ini located in C:\program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates)
    * also state if you rebooted the computer after the update and if there were any error messages
    * please also tell us if the false positive is reoccurring on your computer
    Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016