Thread: Spybot Error before installation?

Unhappy Spybot Error before installation?

I downloaded SpyBot search and destroy and after I finished the download, I clicked run and an error came up saying, " Access Violation at address 00409942. Write of address 00401000

Any help? I attached a screenshot.

Also, my system specs:

Windows Vista Home premium
    Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    Memory(RAM): 2.00 GB
    System Type: 32 bit operating system
    Security Programs: Avast! Antivirus, Windows Firewall, Windows Defender. User account Control is turned on.

Any other specs you need, just tell me because I feel so unsafe right now!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by andresxdude; 2009-03-30 at 06:55. Reason: Posting System specs.

I have read that clearing the browser cache and downloading the installer again may be sufficient to fix this especially in Windows Vista. Otherwise this could be caused by bad memory. Please try running memtest86 and see what it reports. You can also just try shutting down the computer, then removing and reinserting the memory. May sound odd, but sometimes it is enough to fix this problem.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I have read that clearing the browser cache and downloading the installer again may be sufficient to fix this especially in Windows Vista. Otherwise this could be caused by bad memory. Please try running memtest86 and see what it reports. You can also just try shutting down the computer, then removing and reinserting the memory. May sound odd, but sometimes it is enough to fix this problem.
    Thanks! It worked, I'm installing it now.