I have two main concerns already.

I already am running something called Symantec W32.Download since I have Norton Anti-Virus 2009. But is there something special or important that I should have for protection against this conficker April Fools non joke worm. If I'm in the wrong spot for this (I glanced and didn't see any hot boards on this), I apologize and will go to the correct board if necessary.

Second, Anti-Norton Virus supposedly doesn't have a firewall. Now is this true or not, because a day ago it popped up saying "There was a recent attempt to attack your computer, but was blocked"

If I need a firewall, anyone know of one I should download.
AVG blocked my dad's e-mail outlook
ZoneAlarm kept popping up asking repeatedly do you want to run this program (it has been run before) to the point where all I heard was whining (see I have it on my laptop and am used to it, but the other members on the family computer were not).
Commondo really didn't work too well either.

I know when I was working at AVON they had a anti-virus that had a blue logo and a sort of yellow like heart monitor line. But I forgot what the program was called, except I'm sure someone said its free.

Thanks in advance.