When I tried a search with RegAlyzer, it found a couple of entries and then got "stuck" on an entry. From the bottom bar, (the search was simple, for "SpyPC" and had found a couple of simple search log entries) it was stuck on:
"Searching HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSeet002\Services\xmlprov "
I tried it twice, same thing, no problem with Regedit's search. Dunno why this would be.
In addition, it went wild with CPU, going up to 99. If it can't go on, it should pretty much give up. When I returned to my puter, it took me ten minutes to get my task monitor up to see what was the problem and kill RegAlyzer. (For the future, I made some adjustments with Process Tamer.)
Any explanation of why it would be stuck would help. I would be happy to try again, other searches, etc.