Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RegAlyzer stuck - with high CPU

Question Similar Problem..

with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_FASTFAT. Regalyzer shows the correct hive and an endless hive with the keyname

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_FASTFAT<0x00>RIVER<0x00>NNER<0x00><0x00>um\<0x00>

RegDelNull doesnt find anything!

Searching the Registry stops at this Point in an endless loop.

Peter
    Last edited by peter9999; 2010-03-09 at 15:15.

Default Recursion... Out of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by snsisk View Post
    I have the same issue with an "out of memory" condition. I have also sent several crash reports.
    Yep that's the one. I doubt bug reports are providing enough info though. I may try a couple of simpler searches to see if the search term has anything to do with it, but anyway....

I installed Patrick's tools countless years ago and I've gotten plenty of use out of them, so thanks come before anything else. Thanks!

I've finally gotten around to downloading updates and my first search, a class ID that showed up in my event log, hit paydirt -- it looks like infinite recursion or at least a non-terminating loop. So I got a bug report dialog right quick. Very nice detailed report in the application by the way.

I exited and tried again, this time actually paying attention to it and it sure looks like recursion because it consumes memory at an increasing rate. Also concerning, if that isn't fun enough, is that while cancel does dismiss the dialog the search continues until it's been sent several termination requests from the task manager or the system stops granting its memory requests (out of memory error).

The main window's search icon continues to animate as well, so it's as if the extent of cancel is closing the search sub window and that's it.

The stack dump itself doesn't really show an obvious recursion problem (the same function call and a really big stack) but I'm not all that clear what you're dumping and don't usually debug code without source unless I really need to. ;-)

I hope you can stomp out the error but I'm in no big hurry. There are other options. I thought I owed you one, as spybot and your other tools are consistently high quality utilities.

Perhaps you could recommend a previous version on your download page that was released before this bug was introduced into RegAlyzer. In the meantime I can go back to 1.4.0.0 or use something else.

Version: 1.6.2.16

I can send you the bug report file if you want, but you probably don't need it. Surely you've been able to replicate the problem? You're more likely to find the problem in a local debug session with source code than in hundreds of bug reports.

I will generate a dump with User Mode Process Dumper which might provide you with more useful debug info. Contact me if you would like me to send it to you.

Good luck with tracking down that bug if you ever find the time. And thanks again.
    Last edited by Richard 23; 2010-10-08 at 13:43. Reason: typos blow

Update and workaround for me. (1.6.2.16)

When I uncheck High Speed Search. Search no longer falls in an infinite loop.

Yeah!!!!