Thread: Zipped "recovery" files password

Default Zipped "recovery" files password

Morning,
    Ran avast! full scan with archived. Came up with 1100+ files could not scan because they are passworded. All are from: Docs/Settings/All Users - sbrecovery.reg and sbrecovery.ini. Went to SBSD folder - Recovery - about a bazillion files are zipped and cannot open - require password.
    No. 1 - Where do I find this password ? Tried all passwords, no luck.
    No. 2 - Many of these go back to 2007. Can they be safely deleted and will they actually delete ? So that next time I try to scan archived files the list won't be so very long ?
    Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
    bobnrobin

These are only backups from Spybot-S&D Recovery. The archives are password protected for avoiding scanning files in it which are quarantined and fixed problems found in Spybot-S&D.
    The password should be "recovery" (no quotes). If not, then look for other threads which have same question.
    They can be safely removed.
    Go to Spybot-S&D > Recovery, select all backups, click on "Purge selected items" and that should be it.
    When you've removed all of items, you shouldn't have a long list anymore.
    If you don't want to remove them and you still want a shorter list, try looking for adding ignored files and folders (because I don't use avast!, I don't know how to use it).
    Last edited by Tom.K; 2009-04-01 at 19:50.

Many Thanks, Tom.K !
    Your help and advice is much appreciated. Had tried every Pword I could think of - even "password"... It's not that those entries take up so much room, but that keeping it as far back as '07, does not seem to be necessary, especially as just finished DL'ing 1.6.2.46...
    Thanks again,
    bobnrobin